Forge is a modding platform for the popular video game Minecraft. It allows players to install custom mods that can add new features, gameplay mechanics, or content to the game. Forge provides developers with tools and APIs to modify Minecraft's assets. Forge has a large and active community of mod developers who create and share mods on websites like CurseForge.
|Note||Access to installing Forge via the JAR Menu is limited to Premium servers or Budget servers with the Advanced Support addon. Alternatively, Forge can be installed manually by following the guide provided below.|
|Note||The server must fully start once to generate config files and folders.|
How to Install Forge on a Minecraft Server (JAR Menu)
1. Log in to the BisectHosting Premium or Budget panel.
2. Stop the server.
3. Choose the blue Open JAR Menu button.
4. Select Forge on the left.
5. Toggle the button next to Forge. Forge for Minecraft Version 1.19.4 is used in this example.
6. Choose what to do with the existing server files.
7. Start the server.
How to Install Forge on a Minecraft Server (Manual)
1. Download Forge.
2. Choose a version and select Installer.
3. Launch the Forge installer and select Install server.
4. Change the install location to a folder on the desktop.
5. Click OK.
6. Once finished, navigate to the folder on the desktop.
7. For Forge for Minecraft 1.6.4-1.16.x, rename
For Forge for Minecraft 1.17 and above, skip this step.
8. Select all files. Right-click and choose Send to>Compressed (zipped) folder.
9. Minimize the file to use later in the tutorial.
10. Log in to the BisectHosting Budget panel.
11. Stop the server.
12. Choose the blue Open JAR Menu button.
13. Select Custom on the left.
14. For Forge for Minecraft 1.6.4-1.16.x, toggle the button next to Custom.jar.
For Forge for Minecraft 1.17 and above, choose Custom Forge 1.17+.
15. Choose what to do with the existing server files.
16. Go to the File Manager tab on the left.
17. Choose the green Upload button.
18. Drag and drop the
.zip file from step 9.
19. Right-click on the
.zip file and choose Unarchive.
20. Confirm by choosing the green Unarchive button.
21. Start the server.