Quilt is a lightweight modding API for Minecraft that aims to simplify the process of creating and maintaining mods, making it more accessible to developers and players alike. It is designed to be compatible with Fabric, another popular mod loader. Quilt enables players to easily load and manage Quilt-based mods in Minecraft, allowing them to enhance their gameplay experience with custom content, new features, and other modifications.
|Note|| Access to installing Quilt via the JAR Menu is limited to Premium servers or Budget servers with the Advanced Support addon. Alternatively, Quilt can be installed manually by following the guide provided below.
|Note||The server must fully start once to generate config files and folders.|
How to Install Quilt on a Minecraft Server (JAR Menu)
1. Log in to the BisectHosting Premium or Budget panel.
2. Stop the server.
3. Choose the blue Open JAR Menu button.
4. Select Quilt on the left.
5. Toggle the button next to Quilt. Quilt for Minecraft version 1.19.4 is used in this example.
6. Choose what to do with the existing server files.
7. Start the server.
How to Install Quilt on a Minecraft Server (Manual)
1. Download Quilt.
2. Launch the Quilt installer and select the Server tab.
3. Choose a Minecraft version.
4. Change the Install location to a folder on the desktop.
5. Click Install .
6. Once finished, navigate to the folder on the desktop.
quilt-server-launch.jar depending on the Minecraft version from step 3:
Minecraft 1.14-1.16.x =
Minecraft 1.17.x =
Minecraft 1.18+ =
8. Select all files. Right-click and choose Send to>Compressed (zipped) folder.
9. Minimize the file to use later in the tutorial.
10. Log in to the BisectHosting Budget panel.
11. Stop the server.
12. Choose the blue Open JAR Menu button.
13. Select Custom on the left.
14. Toggle the button next to the custom jar version from step 7.
15. Choose what to do with the existing server files.
16. Go to the File Manager tab on the left.
17. Choose the green Upload button.
18. Drag and drop the
.zip file from step 8.
19. Right-click on the
.zip file and choose Unarchive.
20. Confirm by choosing the green Unarchive button.
21. Start the server.