Adding mods to Minecraft allows users to play the game in new creative ways. Minecraft has retained popularity for years; much of this can be attributed to the massive modding community creating and supporting mods since the game's release. As new versions of mods release, some mods may become individually out of date. Users are able to manually update mods individually on their servers through the built-in file manager.
- Back up all files to ensure no files are lost before following this tutorial.
- Ensure all files are compatible with the Minecraft version being used and other mods by checking the mod's website/wiki.
How to Update Individual Mods on a Minecraft Server
1. Log in to the BisectHosting Premium or Budget panel.
2. Stop the server.
3. Go to the File Manager tab.
4. Select the Mods folder.
5. Delete the old .jar file.
6. Upload the new .jar file.
7. Start the server.