A Steam Workshop collection is a custom compilation of mods from the official Steam Workshop. Many collections are available that function similarly to modpacks to be easily installed by users. This can make sharing mods with friends easy, as they can download an exact mod list with one button. Some game servers, such as Garry's Mod, allow users to Install Workshop Collections directly onto their server, skipping manual installation.
|Note||Once you've created the Steam Workshop below, follow this tutorial to install it on your server.|
How to create a Steam Workshop collection:
1. Open Steam. Select Community, then Workshop.
2. Search for Garry's Mod (or whatever game you're creating this for). Press Enter.
3. Select Browse then Collections.
4. Click Create Collection.
5. Add a title, branding image, description, and collection type (most are optional).
6. In categories, select ServerContent.
7. Click Save and Continue.
8. Add items into your collection using items you've published, Items in your Favorites, or Subscribed Items.
9. Click Save and Continue.
10. Click Publish and change the Visibility to Public.