Minecraft 1.20.2 Snapshot 23W35A: Patch Notes & How to Play
Posted on by amber
After a week away, another snapshot has arrived for us to play! Today, we explore Minecraft 1.20.2 Snapshot 23W35A, the changes Mojang made, and how you too can jump into the game.
Patch NotesTechnical Changes
- The LWJGL library has been upgraded to version 3.3.2
- The default Java version shipped with the game has been upgraded to Microsoft OpenJDK 17.0.8
- MC-229121 - JVM crash in jdk.internal.loader.NativeLibraries.load
- MC-242385 - Inconsistency on the buffer size calculation in the chunk packet data
- MC-256549 - Baby camels that aren't moving face in the direction of their adults when pathfinding to players that are tempting them
- MC-256737 - Sniffers, frogs, goats, and camels prioritize pathfinding to their lover when fed over panicking when being damaged
- MC-259475 - The rotation of controlling passengers on sitting camels is sometimes restricted while adjusting your rotation slowly
- MC-259860 - Sitting camels that have passengers continuously look up and down for other players
- MC-261951 - Dragon/piglin head does not move when placed on a jukebox that is playing a record
- MC-264092 - Functions execute commands out of order when containing /say
- MC-264558 - The word "reconfiguring" is spelled as "reconfiging" within the "connect.reconfiging" translation key
- MC-264559 - Grammar error in "Added pack(s) contain symbolic links"
- MC-264561 - Some new strings introduced in 23w31a are missing articles
- MC-264566 - Force loaded chunks reset when changing versions
- MC-264619 - Strings for returning to menus and loading lists are inconsistently spelled and capitalized
- MC-264686 - Z-fighting occurs on the backs of bamboo chest rafts
- MC-264698 - The absorption effect is lost when reloading the world
- MC-264750 - Effects are lost when updating to 23w32a
- MC-264897 - Shift-clicking to unequip armor bypasses vibrations in survival
- MC-264899 - Narrator is not capitalized in the Narrator Hotkey tooltip
- MC-264915 - Some mobs can still attack you through blocks
- MC-264917 - Entry list gradients render below content
- MC-264920 - Some buttons within the "Report Player" menu are improperly capitalized
- MC-264947 - Torches generated on end fountain don't emit light
How to Install Minecraft 1.20.2 Snapshot 23W35AIn Java Edition, installing Minecraft 1.20.2 Snapshot 23W35A is done right from the Minecraft client. Players need only open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the ‘Installations’ tab. From there, click ‘New Installation,’ select ‘Latest Snapshot’ in the drop-down menu, and click create. Your new Minecraft 1.20.2 snapshot installation will now be a selectable option before clicking play. However, Minecraft 1.20.2 snapshots have a few extra steps once in-game. Click ‘Create New World,’ ‘More,’ and finally, ‘Experiments.’ There, players can enable the built-in ‘bundles’ and ‘Villager Trade Rebalance’ features before clicking ‘Create New World’ again. Finally, with the new world made, all that’s left is to select it and click play! Please note snapshots can corrupt worlds! Ensure backups have been taken.
How to make Minecraft 1.20.2 Snapshot 23W35A ServersInterested in testing these bug fixes and villager changes with friends? Snapshot 23W35A servers can be created for free through home hosting, but we recommend paid hosting options for ease of use and performance. Especially with snapshots since they can be buggy! Paid hosting is offered here at BisectHosting and many other places around the web. No less than 4GB of server RAM is recommended.
Minecraft 1.20.2 Snapshot 23W35A: Patch Notes & How to PlayWhile this patch was mostly fixes, the mending villager changes still remain. Do you think they will make it into the game? The community response has been mixed, making it quite the controversial change. Until Next Time, BisectHosting =)
Start your Minecraft server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses