Terraria Magic Missile Guide: How to Get, Stats, & more
Posted on by justin
Some players might find aiming to be quite challenging in Terraria. You might even wish that a weapon could fire a bolt that you can control to hit nearby enemies directly. Thankfully, there's an option to cover this. That weapon is the Magic Missile in Terraria, and you can learn more about it and how to get it here.
What is the Magic Missile in Terraria?True to its name, the Magic Missile in Terraria is a magic weapon that can fire controllable bolts. Use the Use/Attack button while moving the cursor to control the fired projectile. This weapon can be useful in attacking hard-to-reach enemies, and is ideal for magic builds. However, its controls might interfere with basic movement. Thankfully, you can release the missile without moving the cursor to let the projectile directly home in on nearby enemies while you dodge any dangers. Although introduced during the game’s release, the Terraria Magic Missile is also one of the game’s weapons that underwent several different changes through various updates. These alterations are the following:
- Version 1.0.6: Updated the sprite, reduced damage and mana cost, and increased projectile speed
- Version 1.2: Updated the sprite
- Version 1.2.3: Increased damage and knockback
- Version 184.108.40.206: Increased damage and knockback, and added new possible spawn locations
- Version 1.3.3: Made into an ingredient to craft the magic weapon, Sky Fracture
- Version 220.127.116.11: Revamped the weapon to home into enemies, and increased projectile speed, usage time, and mana cost
- Version 1.4.1: Increased usage time and mana cost
- Base damage: 35
- Knockback: 7.5
- Mana cost: 14
- Critical hit chance: 4%
- Usage time: 22
Where To Get The Magic Missile in TerrariaFirst, unlock the Dungeon by defeating the pre-Hardmode boss, Skeletron. Here, open locked Gold Chests for a random chance to obtain the Magic Missile. The Magic Missile in Terraria may also appear in the Dungeon’s Golden Lock Boxes and Stockade Crates. Note: Defeat Dungeon Slimes, Angry Bones, Cursed Skulls, or Dark Casters for a chance to receive Golden Keys. Use these keys to open the locked Gold Chests.
Start your Terraria server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses