Minecraft has been moving a mile a minute this week, with the massive new Caves and Cliffs announcement leading the charge!
This announcement revealed that the 1.17 Caves and Cliffs update will be split into two different updates, with the first dropping in Summer, and the second coming ahead of the holiday season.
But that’s not all that’s new this week.
Caves and Cliffs Update Split Into Two
These two updates will split the massive new features Caves and Cliffs brings to Minecraft – with the first introducing most of the new mobs to the game, and the second introducing the more intricate system changes around cave generation and more.
Players can expect the first Minecraft Caves and Cliffs update in Summer, and the second to land around the holiday season.
DON’T MISS IT: New Minecraft Speedrun World Record Set
Minecraft Snapshot 21w16a Arrives
Minecraft continues to implement new changes ahead of the release of Caves and Cliffs part 1 and 2 with regular Snapshot updates to try new features.
This week’s new Minecraft Snapshot update 21w16a brings some nice changes to the table.
Read over its biggest patch notes below:
- Azalea and Flowering Azalea can now be bonemealed to get an Azalea Tree
- Added dripstone growth
- If a stalactite is hanging from a dripstone block with a water source above, it will slowly grow both the stalactite from above and a stalagmite from below
- Growth speed is random but very slow, a single growth step can take several minecraft days
- A stalactite will only grow up to 7 blocks long
- A stalactite will only cause stalagmite growth if the floor or stalagmite below is within 10 blocks
- If the stalactite tip is inside water it won’t drip, and therefore won’t trigger any growth
- If the stalagmite tip is inside water it won’t receive drops, and therefore won’t be grown by a dripping stalactite. Same thing if there is any fluid between the two tips
- A stalagmite or stalactite will never grow into a fluid
- Tweaked the texture of raw ores and raw ore blocks
Minecraft Bedrock Update 18.104.22.168 Adds Amethyst & More
To continue the trend of massive Minecraft updates this week, the Minecraft Bedrock 22.214.171.124 update has arrived to bring some big new features to the game!
These include the addition of the following:
- Amethyst Geodes
- Smooth Basalt
- Amethyst Clusters
- Budding Amethyst
- Cluster Amethyst Blocks
- Amethyst Shards
- Raw Copper
- Raw Iron
- Tinted Glass
- Raw Gold
DON’T MISS IT: Top 5 Things Your Minecraft Server Needs