Minecraft 1.19: What's Coming in The Wild Update?
Minecraft 1.19, The Wild Update, will be the biggest moment for Minecraft this year, and we’re already less than a week out from its release date!
As we prepare for the launch of Minecraft 1.19, let’s go over everything it brings to the game come launch day.
The Wild Update Release Date
Minecraft 1.19, The Wild Update, goes live on Tuesday, June 7th.
The release will likely be simultaneous for all platforms and editions of the game, though Mojang has yet to reveal a release time just yet.
DON'T MISS IT: Minecraft 1.19 Crafting Guide: All New Creations
All Minecraft 1.19 Content: What’s New in The Wild Update?
Minecraft 1.19 includes tons of new content from new mobs to new biomes, blocks, items, and plenty more.
The Wild Update introduces several new mobs, including a mighty foe and some unique wildlife.
- Neutral mobs that hold and find specific blocks
- Winner of the Minecraft Live 2021 Mob Vote
- Neutral mobs found in Mangrove Swamps and Swamps
- Available in three environmental variants: Green (cold), Orange (temperate), and White (warm)
- Neutral mobs found in Mangrove Swamps
- Eventually become Frogs
- Hostile mobs found in the Deep Dark
- Spawned by triggering Sculk Shriekers
The Wild Update introduces two dark and immersive new Minecraft biomes.
- Deep Dark
- Found deep underground
- Contains Ancient Cities
- Filled with Sculk blocks
- Home of Wardens
- Mangrove Swamp
- Home of Mangrove Trees, Frogs, Tadpoles, Slimes, and (sometimes) Tropical Fish and Bees
- Warm climate
The Wild update introduces several new items to Minecraft with a variety of purposes.
- Boat with Chest
- Bucket of Tadpole (A caught Tadpole in a Water Bucket)
- Disc Fragment (Music Disc #5)
- Echo Shard
- Goat Horn (Spawned when Goats ram ore blocks)
- Mangrove Boat
- Music Disk #5
- Recover Compass
- Swift Sneak (Enchant)
DON'T MISS IT: 5 Minecraft Mods that Spawn NPCs
The Wild update is full of new blocks, including some that work as sensors for spawning enemies, and others that will help spawn new wildlife in biomes.
- Mangrove Leaves
- Mangrove Log
- Mangrove Plank
- Mangrove Propagule
- Mangrove Root
- Mangrove Wood
- Mud Brick
- Muddy Mangrove Roots
- Packed Mud
- Reinforced Deepslate
- Sculk Catalyst
- Sculk Shrieker
- Sculk Vein
With Minecraft 1.19 just around the corner, likely the biggest patch we'll get this year, it's the perfect time to get back into the game.
To try out The Wild Update with your friends in the most reliable way, our Minecraft 1.19 servers might be the right choice for you!
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.