Minecraft 1.19 Pre-Release 1: Patch Notes & How to Download
Minecraft 1.19, The Wild Update, has been the most exciting thing waiting for the game this year.
To help players see some of the upcoming features and improvements early, Mojang has released the very first Minecraft 1.19 pre-release.
With that, here’s everything you need to know about Minecraft 1.19 Pre-Release 1, including its patch notes and how to download it now!
What is Coming in Minecraft 1.19 Pre-Release 1?
The first Minecraft 1.19 pre-releases will build on the consistent schedule of Minecraft 1.19 snapshot updates.
Where snapshot updates focused mostly on introducing new features from The Wild Update, however, these pre-release updates will center around important bug fixes and technical aspects as we approach the final stages of launch.
These new pre-releases will also have a more sporadic launch schedule as opposed to the previous snapshot update schedule of always launching on Wednesdays.
DON'T MISS IT: Ranking the Best Features of Minecraft 1.19
How to Download Minecraft 1.19 Pre-Release 1
These new pre-release updates are available only for Minecraft: Java Edition at this time. To install them, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the Installations tab.
Mojang warns that these updates, like snapshot updates, may corrupt your worlds and save files - so be sure to back them up to be safe!
DON'T MISS IT: How to Install Minecraft 1.19 Snapshot 22w18a
Without further adieu, here’s everything players can expect in the Minecraft 1.19 pre-release courtesy of its patch notes from Mojang.
- Slightly reduced the number of Mangrove trees in Mangrove Swamps
- Endermen, Skeletons, Wither Skeletons, and Piglins now spawn in a wider range of light levels in the Nether (from light level 0 to 11)
- Item interaction vibrations are now emitted when you start or finish "using" an item with a start and finish state (such as Bows, Crossbows, Goat Horns, Shields, Food)
- Item interaction vibrations are now ignored when sneaking
- Placing items that aren’t armor (such as Pumpkins and Skulls) in your headwear slot now plays a generic equip sound
- Auto-completion is now available for the template argument to place template
- Custom servers can now enable or disable chat preview for certain clients by sending a new network packet
- Now, a chat preview is also shown for chat-related commands, such as /say and /msg
- test-rainbow-chat has been removed from server.properties
New Game Events
- note_block_play with a vibration frequency of 6
- instrument_play with a vibration frequency of 15
- MC-94060 - Equipping armor/elytra through inventory or dispenser doesn’t play sounds
- MC-134892 - PacketBuffer.writeString’s max length is in bytes, while readString is in characters
- MC-209222 - Attempting to open the Minecraft Realms menu claims that the client is outdated, even if the snapshot may be newer than the release
- MC-210279 - Sculk sensors are not activated upon entities being summoned by a spawner
- MC-213915 - Equipping armor through the inventory does not count as a vibration
- MC-218222 - Distance value for Sculk Sensors is limited to integers
- MC-225195 - Goats don’t panic when tempted with their favorite food
- MC-230735 - “FOV Effects” setting description is innacurate
- MC-249141 - No subtitles are produced upon frogs stepping
- MC-249164 - The entity.frog.tounge sound is misspelled
- MC-249209 - Frogs don’t panic when tempted with their favorite food
- MC-249260 - Tadpoles are not tempted by slime balls
- MC-249328 - Frogs can jump around while being tempted with slimeballs
- MC-249456 - Tadpoles drop experience, unlike other baby mobs
- MC-249619 - The comparator frequency of sculk sensors when you are stepping on it is the last frequency it heard
- MC-249711 - Items collected off the ground by allays travel too high above their hitboxes
DON'T MISS IT: Ranking the Best Minecraft Updates of All Time
- MC-249757 - ‘It Spreads’ advancement is not a child of ‘Monster Hunter’
- MC-249834 - Swapping items to the player’s off-hand can generate vibrations
- MC-249980 - The Birthday Song advancement description doesn’t capitalise the word Cake
- MC-250006 - ID of the british cat doesn’t match texture name
- MC-250019 - Sculk catalyst triggers when a villager converts into zombie villager by a zombie
- MC-250317 - The subtitle for picking up a Tadpole with a bucket is the generic “Bucket fills” subtitle
- MC-250351 - /tp “argument” duplicated on the tab options
- MC-250919 - The server crashes when attempting to load chunks that contain command blocks that consist of large numbers of characters within the previous output field
- MC-250932 - Goat horn subtitles are improperly capitalized
- MC-250940 - Goat horn playing isn’t detected as a vibration
- MC-251132 - Server logs “Game test server” messages
- MC-251312 - Entity selectors in /say commands are no longer evaluated
- MC-251355 - Potted mangrove propagule model is incorrect
- MC-251405 - Structure Block messages are formatted as chat
- MC-251479 - Duplicate object key [lang file]
- MC-251550 - Failed to launch the game on 32-bit operating system
- MC-251640 - io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException when using special characters in chat message
- MC-251641 - Game crash regarding warden anger
- MC-251647 - Chat closes itself if the control for Open Chat is set to Enter
- MC-251649 - Clicking “incomplete command” message removes / in chat
DON'T MISS IT: Minecraft 1.19 Release Date: Everything we know so far
- MC-251650 - Iron golems can spawn on non-spawnable blocks such as leaves, glass, sea lanterns, etc
- MC-251652 - Warden emerge/roar/sonic charge/dig animation (and possibly other similar animations) don’t start unless the player looks at the Warden first
- MC-251656 - /say command fails to apply server message styling when sent from a command block, server console, or RCON, unlike /msg
- MC-251690 Wardens can spawn on any non-full block, as long as it’s solid
- MC-251736 - Reflected ghast fireball cannot hit the ghast
- MC-251762 - You can run commands with double slash prefix
- MC-251773 - The --dev argument for the data generators no longer converts NBT to SNBT properly