The Front Patch 1.0.17: New Bosses, Items, & More
Posted on by justin
On October 11, 2023, developer Samar Studio released The Front as an Early Access title. Its development team continues to drop massive updates for the game, and the next update is just around the corner - The Front Patch 1.0.17! Here is everything you need to know about The Front patch 1.0.17 and its full official patch notes.
What’s in The Front Patch 1.0.17?The Front Patch 1.0.17 goes live on December 6, 2023, and the game’s official servers will be down from 7 to 8 AM UTC for maintenance on that date. Once it goes live, players can update their clients to this latest version and experience the new content and optimizations. One notable addition to the game from this patch is the Medical Bed. Use it to rest and recover health over time. It can also be used to recover from certain illnesses, albeit you’ll still be vulnerable during this healing period. Patch 1.0.17 for The Front also adds a Ramp and a new item called Pack Reclaimer. The Ramp has a similar function to stairs, but you can use it to help transport vehicles. On the other hand, the Pack Reclaimer lets players consume 100x Ether Shards to retrieve a lost loot bag. Two new boss vehicles are also included in this patch: Rhino and Night Owl. The former is a Level 60 Gunship, while the latter is a Main Battle Tank with the same level. This update also brings a slew of optimizations and bug fixes. For instance, the squad interface now has scroll bars. Some electrical connections that caused issues even when connected to certain technologies should now work as intended.
The Front 1.0.17 Full Patch Notes – December 6, 2023Read the full patch notes for Update 1.0.17 of The Front below:
New Game Content
- Pack Reclaimer: unlock at level 15, and it consumes ether shards*100 for each use and takes 30 seconds to retrieve your lost loot bag; if it disappears or is picked up, it will fail. 30 minutes cool down between each use.
- Medical Bed: It can heal characters gradually and cure adverse states.
- Ramp: A larger and wider stair used for the vehicles to pass through.
- New imperial base boss: "Night Owl" Gunship, lvl.60
- New imperial base boss: "Rhino" Main Battle Tank, lvl.60
- Added DirectX options (DX11 or DX12)
- Added Vsync option
- Added scroll bars in the squad interface
- Optimized stairs on the map
- Optimized the interactions on constructions and vehicles; for example, right-click to add wood into the furnace and right-click to add ammo to the vehicles
- Could not place crop plot on Warhammer (fixed)
- FSR/DLSS/XeSS options will be displayed in the option
- Some electrical circuit connection problems
- Parallel connections in batteries might cause some electrical error
- DLSS function might cause a black screen
- Several known issues might cause the server to crash
- Wrong protection timer info displayed in the binoculars
- Wrong HUD info in the helicopter pilot interface
- Cannot be revived when a character is in a near-death state
- Releasing F before the countdown ends will still revive the player
- Some wrong HP regen rate for the NPCs
- Some constructions on the Warhammer might cause wrong collisions
- PC with connections to VR equipment might not be able to enter the game
- Could not complete the ‘craft food’ task by crafting spicy fish
- Warhammer sometimes cannot move
- Server restart might cause the constructions on the Warhammer to be placed in the wrong place
- Tips: You will need to repack the Warhammer and replace it on the ground to reset the constructions on the vehicle.
- Server restart will cause the squad to be disbanded
- "Ares" Main Battle Tank has the wrong view angle at the gunner position
- Tear down the support construction at the bottom might cause the workbench floats
- Tips: Anything you built before this update will still have the floating problem
Start your The Front server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses