Terraria Ogre Mini-Boss Guide: How To Summon, Tips to Beat, & Loot Table
Posted on by justin
Terraria has no shortage of menacing enemies, especially with the Ogre’s design. Despite it being a mini-boss, the Ogre in Terraria isn’t a laughing matter. Underestimate this foe, and you’ll be on the receiving end of its club. So, here’s a guide on summoning and defeating the Terraria Ogre for your convenience.
How to Summon Ogre in TerrariaSummoning the Ogre in Terraria means initiating the Old One’s Army invasion. This crossover event (introduced in version 1.3.4) starts by placing the Eternia Crystal Stand. Then, place the Eternia Crystal on the Stand to start the event. You must fulfill specific requirements before the Old One’s Army event can start. These necessities are the following:
- An unhindered 61-tile horizontal clearing from the Eternia Crystal Stand
- The horizontal clearing must not have holes larger than one block
- A minimum 10-tile vertical opening
Tips & Tricks to Beat OgreBeing as close as possible to the Ogre isn’t ideal. Otherwise, it’ll trigger its club attack, causing massive damage. Instead, it’s best to attack this enemy from afar. So, use range, magic, or summon weapons for this fight. Since the Old One’s Army is in a closed space, players can also use the special summoned entries bought from the Tavernkeep NPC. Remember, you’re not only fighting the Ogre in this invasion. You must also deal with other powerful enemies, like Dark Mage and Betsy.
AttacksThe Ogre has three main offensive moves. These attacks are the following:
- The Ogre swings its club at the player if the user’s sprite is directly in front of this mini-boss.
- Hurls Ogre Spit, a green-shaped ball, to the player’s position. Getting hit with this attack inflicts damage and the Oozed debuff, lowering the player’s movement speed.
- Jumps and slams on the ground, causing a shockwave.
- Huntress’s Buckler
- Monk’s Belt
- Tome of Infinite Wisdom
- Phantom Phoenix
- Brand of the Inferno
- Sleepy Octopod
- Ghastly Glaive
- Creeper Egg
- Ogre Mask
- Ogre Trophy
Start your Terraria server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses