Stardew Valley Mine Guide: Location, Floors, Enemies, Loot, & More
Posted on by justin
Going through the Mine in Stardew Valley can be a rewarding adventure. Players will experience different dangers on each floor but can also gather excellent loot. So, begin your journey into the Mine by reading this guide.
Stardew Valley Mine Guide: An OverviewThe Mine is in the northern part of Pelican Town in the Mountains biome. You’ll find the entrance by a small bridge, and upon entering, you’ll see a ladder, dwarf, mine cart, and an elevator. Go down the ladder to start the Mine challenge, wherein you must go through its 120 subterranean floors. Note that you don’t have to reach the 120th floor on your first try. Plus, it’s almost impossible for beginners to reach that floor during the game’s early stages. Thankfully, you can unlock elevator access for each fifth level reached. That way, you can use the elevator at the entrance to instantly travel to that floor on subsequent visits, saving you valuable time, effort, and resources. Note that you can start using the elevator upon reaching Floor 5.
Mine Floors and EnemiesThe 120 floors in the Mine of Stardew Valley have different themes. Each range of floors also has unique enemies, promoting diversity while increasing difficulty as you go further underground. You’ll find the enemies to encounter on the different floors of this multi-level dungeon:
- Floors 1 to 9: Bug, Duggy, Green Slime, and Rock Crab
- Floors 11 to 19: Bug, Duggy, Green Slime, Grub, Cave Fly, and Rock Crab
- Floors 21 to 29: Bug, Duggy, Green Slime, Grub, Cave Fly, and Rock Crab
- Floors 31 to 39: Bat and Stone Golem
- Floors 41 to 49: Frost Jelly, Frost Bat, and Dust Sprite
- Floors 51 to 59: Ghost, Frost Jelly, Frost Bat, and Dust Sprite
- Floors 61 to 69: Ghost, Frost Jelly, Frost Bat, and Dust Sprite
- Floors 71 to 79: Ghost, Skeleton, Frost Jelly, Frost Bat, and Dust Sprite
- Floors 81 to 89: Red Sludge, Lava Bat, Lava Crab, Shadow Brute, Shadow Shaman, Metal Head, and Squid Kid
- Floors 91 to 99: Red Sludge, Lava Bat, Lava Crab, Shadow Brute, Shadow Shaman, Metal Head, and Squid Kid
- Floors 101 to 109: Red Sludge, Lava Bat, Lava Crab, Shadow Brute, Shadow Shaman, Metal Head, and Squid Kid
- Floors 111 to 119: Red Sludge, Lava Bat, Lava Crab, Shadow Brute, Shadow Shaman, Metal Head, and Squid Kid
- Dungeon Floors: Contains a collection of rocks with a design similar to the Quarry
- Infested Floors: Floors littered with monsters you must defeat before you can progress
- Mushroom Floors: Many Red and Purple Mushrooms but only found beyond Floor 81
Notable LootEach 10th floor in the Mine has no enemies. But some of these floors only have an elevator and a treasure box you can open once. The notable items you can get on these floors of the Mine are the following:
- Entrance: Rusty Sword
- Floor 10: Leather Boots
- Floor 20: Steel Smallsword
- Floor 40: Slingshot
- Floor 50: Tundra Boots
- Floor 60: Crystal Dagger
- Floor 70: Master Slingshot
- Floor 80: Firewalker Boots
- Floor 90: Obsidian Edge
- Floor 100: Stardrop
- Floor 110: Space Boots
- Floor 120: Skull Key
Tips & Tricks to Clear the Mine in Stardew ValleyClearing the Mine in Stardew Valley requires players to employ different strategies to reach the bottommost floor. However, these approaches differ for each player, especially those employing unique playstyles. Nonetheless, here are some tips and tricks that may help you go through the deepest floors of the Mine before 2:00 AM while making the most out of your excursion:
Watch the TVYou’ll know if it’s a good day to venture into the Mine if the Fortune channel on the TV in your farmhouse says that you’re lucky. If so, you’ll likely encounter more ores and other loot in that area than you’d usually encounter on a normal Stardew Valley day.
Bring CheeseConsuming Cheese is a great way of recovering health and energy while in the Mine. A regular piece can restore 125 health and 56 energy. But an Iridium quality Cheese can restore 325 health and 146 energy for your character.
Master BlockingEnemies can sometimes swarm in different directions while in the Mine. Prevent an early death by blocking with your weapon. Doing so should also knock back your attackers, increasing your survivability.
Kill EnemiesAvoiding enemies can help increase survivability in the Mine, but killing them may also open paths to the next floor. So, kill the hostile creatures on each floor, and take the ladder down the next level once it appears.
Use BombsDetonating bombs in the Mine can be more efficient than using the Pickaxe to search for the ladder going to the next floor. You can obtain bombs from enemies like Lava Crabs, Serpents, and Squid Kids. But you can also buy these items from the Desert Trader for 5x Quartz each. Alternatively, you can craft bombs by combining 4x Iron Ore and 1x Coal. Note that you can only start crafting bombs after unlocking the recipe at Mining Level 6.
Craft StaircasesCrafting staircases is the way to go if you want a swift yet expensive way to reach Floor 120 in the Mine of Stardew Valley. The recipe to craft a Staircase is unlocked at Mining Level 2. But you must use 99x Stone to craft one Staircase.
Start your Stardew Valley server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses