Minecraft Weekly Wrap Up - April 12th
The world of Minecraft moves fast, and with Caves and Cliffs on the horizon, fans are getting closer every day to the biggest update the game has ever seen.
With this in mind, here’s all the latest things to catch up on in Minecraft this week.
Minecraft Snapshot 21w14a Has Arrived
Minecraft Caves and Cliffs still has no official release date, but new snapshot updates and beta updates continue to offer more of its features early for testing.
You can read over the full patch notes below:
DON’T MISS IT: 8 Important Things to Look For in a Game Server Host
New Features in 21W14A
- Added Raw Copper, Raw Iron, and Raw Gold items
- Tuff blobs can now be found between heights 0 and 16
Smeltable Ore Drops
- Ores that are smeltable now drop raw item forms of the ore instead of the ore block and these can be smelted just like before. This is to prevent cluttering the inventory and have consistency with Fortune on all ores.
- Ore blocks from old worlds and silk-touched ore blocks will continue to be smeltable.
Changes in 21W14A
- Fully oxidized Copper can now be waxed
Fixed Bugs in 21W14A
- MC-203854 - Fishing rod texture always looks like it has been cast when in the player’s hand
- MC-207173 - Entering only colons into multiplayer Direct Connection & pressing enter crashes the game
- MC-210155 - Command block output no longer is displayed immediately after running a command
- MC-213665 - Crash upon attempting to generate a world with a height of 0 blocks
- MC-214287 - Crash upon entering a nether portal when logical_height is set to 0 and min_y is set to 80 or greater
- MC-215120 - World-gen datapacks can cause crashes when first generating world
- MC-216697 - Having ‘min_y’ set to lower than -64 causes either a crash or the world not to behave correctly if the height limit wasn’t modified
- MC-217702 - Game crashes (ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException) during world feature placement / decoration
- MC-219849 - Fishing doesn’t animate or render the rod, line or bobber anymore
- MC-220652 - IndexOutOfBound exception hard crash when loading a simple custom dimension datapack
- MC-221553 - The end dimension generates differently than it did previously
- MC-221586 - Excessive pillager spawning in pillager outposts
- MC-221673 - Ocean monuments are completely empty
DON’T MISS IT: Valheim Boss Guide: Moder
New Minecraft Project Looks to Recreate New Jersey
Minecraft has been home to millions of creations, but a Minecraft team known as BTE New Jersey is putting in the extra work in efforts to build a recreation of the entire state of New Jersey!
The team is no ordinary group of friends, however, and includes over 1200 users working on the final project.
Thus far, the team have created some amazing visuals in Minecraft with other real life recreations, and we expect more breathtaking work to come.
DON’T MISS IT: Valheim Boss Guide: Bonemass
Minecraft Twitch Rivals Brings in Massive Viewership
Twitch Rivals is a great opportunity for streamers from all backgrounds and games to come together to compete - and this weekend’s Minecraft Twitch Rivals certainly delivered on all fronts.
The event had some fantastic viewership, making it the 14th highest viewed Twitch Rivals event since its inception in 2019!
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.