Minecraft Beta Update 126.96.36.199 Patch Notes Revealed
Those on the cutting edge of Minecraft have a massive new update to improve on the Caves and Cliffs features available now in the Beta.
That new Minecraft Beta update is 188.8.131.52, and it packs some nice improvements in its patch notes. So let's dive in.
Minecraft Caves and Cliffs Beta
Minecraft Caves and Cliffs has captivated fans since its announcement in 2020, and players have flocked to trying the many new features and improvements it promises.
This is where the Minecraft Caves and Cliffs Beta comes into play.
Players can try out many Caves and Cliffs changes early via the Beta, and it constantly gets better with regular patches and updates.
The newest Minecraft Beta update, 184.108.40.206, has arrived, and you don't want to miss it!
DON'T MISS IT: Minecraft Snapshot 21W19A Patch Notes
Minecraft 220.127.116.11 Patch Notes
Get strapped in - Minecraft Update 18.104.22.168 is a big one for the Beta! Read over its full patch notes below.
Caves & Cliffs Experimental
- Added a warning for loading an old world with Experimental features in a new version of the game
- Introduced a label that indicates that a world is Experimental
- Added a description for Experimental features in the world creation screen
- Aquifers filled with lava can be found underground during world generation
DON'T MISS IT: What's Coming in the First Caves and Cliffs Update?
Non-Experimental Features and Fixes
- Axolotl no longer attacks invisible mobs
- Textures for Axolotls have been updated
- Bred Axolotl maintain their color after being placed from a Bucket (MCPE-123328)
- There is now a tooltip on controller for holding a Spyglass
- Amethyst Buds and cluster breaking animation no longer float in the air
- Aligned in-hand rendering of Amethyst Bud items with Java Edition (MCPE-126726)
- Amethyst Geodes were made slightly rarer
- Bonemealing Azalea/Flowering Azalea now correctly turns into a tree if placed on Moss Block (MCPE-125767)
DON'T MISS IT: New Minecraft World Record is Huge
- Deepslate top and bottom textures are now applied in isotropic manner. Due to tessellation limitations, we are limiting the isotropicness of Deepslate to when these textures are up and down (as this is a rotatable block) for now
- Players are now able to use Pick Block Small Dripleaf (MCPE-123571)
- When bonemealing Small Dripleaf, the resulting Big Dripleaf is at least 2 blocks tall (MC-214159)
- Mobs can once again pathfind around Pointed Dripstone
- Naturally spawned Glow Squid now despawn (MCPE-126701)
- Using Pick Block on a Glow Squid in Creative now gives the Glow Squid Egg (MCPE-126946)
- Lightning that strikes Lightning Rod no longer has the chance to trigger Skeleton traps
- Textures will now apply in isotropic manner
- Multiple blocks can't be placed on Powder Snow (MCPE-116205)
- Fences and Walls no longer connect to Powder Snow in Bedrock (MCPE-113504)
- Fog effect is no longer applied to the third-person camera when the camera isn't inside Powder Snow (MCPE-126028)
- Powder Snow Block no longer becomes invisible if the Player is extinguished by both the Powder Snow Block and any other method at the same time (MCPE-124414)
- Powder Snow no longer has one corner that collides with mobs
DON'T MISS IT: Minecraft VR: Platforms, How to Play, Price & more
Features and Bug Fixes
- Skeletons transforming in to Strays now play appropriate transformation sounds
- Withers no longer take freeze damage from Powder Snow (MCPE-126788)
- Bees no longer gather nectar from Sweet Berry Bushes
- Bees can once again enter Beehives and Bee Nests (MCPE-122705)
Added tooltips for:
- Collect Lava from Cauldron using Bucket
- Collect Powder Snow from Powder Snow Block using Bucket
- Empty Lava into Cauldron from Bucket
- Empty Powder Snow into Cauldron from Bucket
- Player who receives negative damage will not generate absorption heart (MCPE-94178)
- When a Player using the touch interface presses and holds the crafting output window, they can rapidly craft items up to one stack (MCPE-28689)
Iron and Gold ore
- Iron and Gold Ore now drops the correct block item instead of nothing when mined on worlds that have a Base Game Version locked to a value lower than 1.17
- Picking up part of a stack no longer picks up the entire stack and drops the excess (MCPE-105330)
- Fixed Players showing the Bow holding animation after respawning when killed by another Player (MCPE-58861)
- Fixed issue where certain items (Bow, Cossbow, Trident, shield in main hand) wouldn't bob with View Bobbing turned on (MCPE-125853)
- Removed Lit Deepslate Redstone translation (MCPE-123605)
- Fixed issue with Simburbia world where standing next to a windows shutter block would obscure the view with the "update" texture
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using the '/stopsound' command to stop the elytra.loop sound (MCPE-120336)
- Fixed a crash on Windows 10 that can occur in ray tracing mode due to a stale pointer reference
- Fixed various cases when ray tracing textures would not be reloaded (resolution switching, upscaling mode switching, ray tracing on/off toggling)
- Addressed Enchanted Bow's textures being too dark (MCPE-119701)
Summon Prefix Fixes
- Fixed a merge bug when loading json definitions for Vanilla mobs
- Fixed a bug with the summonable property of overridden vanilla mobs pre JSON version 1.8.0, which caused Bees to not be summonable (MCPE-58557)
- The "has_equipment" filter will now properly evaluate custom entity spawn eggs
- The "ImpactDamageSubcomponent" will again only prevent damage from being dealt to fire immune mobs if the 'catchFire' field is true and the projectile is on fire
- The dedicated server log will now list all Experiments enabled in a world when loading it
DON'T MISS IT: Minecraft RTX: Ray Tracing and its In-Game Progress
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.