Minecraft Beta Bedrock Edition Update 188.8.131.52 Patch Notes
Minecraft Bedrock Edition has a new Beta update testing out some upcoming features as well as some nice bug fixes.
Here’s everything you need to know about the new Minecraft Bedrock beta update, its patch notes, and how to try it out!
Minecraft Bedrock Edition Beta
Mojang manages several different Minecraft betas to keep players caught up with upcoming features and new changes.
Players can download the beta client, replacing their regular Minecraft client, and start new games with the latest beta update.
Players can also import these features into existing saves, but it does pose a risk of making your Minecraft world unstable and unusable.
Minecraft Bedrock Beta 184.108.40.206 Patch Notes
The latest Minecraft Bedrock Edition beta update has arrived, and it packs a punch in its massive patch notes.
Read over all of the big changes from Mojang below:
Stability and Performance
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Optimized pasting unicode text into Book & Quill (MCPE-119651)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when crafting a Crafting Table with Gameplay Tips enabled
- Fixed Bed display if the foot of the Bed is in a brighter area than the head (MCPE-123592)
- Fixed Large Chest display so the brightest end of the Chest is chosen (MCPE-123592)
- Travelling through End portals can no longer cause players to take fall damage (MCPE-135226, MCPE-132484)
- Made projectile items move more smoothly when far from players (MCPE-101102)
- Holding a Shield in Marketplace maps no longer shows a content error
- Strong/long/splash/lingering potions can be placed in the Brewing Stand manually (MCPE-86636)
- Undead mobs standing near Powder Snow now burn normally (MCPE-131005)
- Powder Snow above undead mobs now prevents burning effect
- Multiple Shulkers will no longer be able to spawn in the same position from spawn eggs or End City generation (MCPE-43972)
- Mobs can now pathfind correctly when standing on Amethyst Buds (MCPE-130010)
- Fixed Horses sometimes becoming invisible after players dismount them (MCPE-108568)
- Grown up Goats no longer lose their Horns when reloading a world
- Lightning no longer randomly strikes mobs that are under blocks (MCPE-121688)
- Spore Blossom no longer has a randomly offset hitbox (MCPE-121658)
- Moss Block and Moss Carpet now break when moved by Pistons and Sticky Pistons can no longer pull them (MCPE-121751) (MCPE-122004)
- Water dripping from Pointed Dripstone can no longer fill Cauldrons with Potions (MCPE-131180)
- Measurements of hitbox of Spore Blossom now match Java Edition
- Fixed issue causing Slime and Honey Block movement slowdown to not be fully applied to players
- Emote wheel no longer appears when pressing Ctrl+B in-game (MCPE-125246)
- Fixed Input Method Editor (IME) not working after suspending the game on Windows 10 (MCPE-59722)
- Added a new sidebar to Marketplace and Dressing Room related screens to help better improve the experience of navigating these areas
- There is now an item transferring animation when deselecting a recipe
- Loading a structure with the "/structure" command now displays the correct output messages (MCPE-132813)
GameTest Framework (Experimental)
- Renamed module "Minecraft" to "mojang-minecraft"
- Renamed module "GameTest" to "mojang-gametest"
- Renamed function assertBlockTypePresent to assertBlockPresent
- Renamed function assertEntityData to assertEntityState
- Removed function assertBlockTypeNotPresent
- Removed function assertEntityNotPresent
- Removed function assertEntityNotPresentInArea
- Removed function assertEntityNotTouching
- Removed function succeedWhenEntityNotPresent
- Modified signature of function assertBlockState(blockLocation: BlockLocation, callback: (Block) => boolean)
- Modified signature of function assertBlockPresent(blockType: BlockType, blockLocation: BlockLocation, isPresent: boolean)
- Modified signature of function assertEntityPresent(entityTypeIdentifier: string, blockLocation: BlockLocation, isPresent: boolean)
- Modified signature of function assertEntityPresentInArea(entityTypeIdentifier: string, isPresent: boolean)
- Modified signature of function assertEntityTouching(entityTypeIdentifier: string, location: Location, isTouching: boolean)
- Modified signature of function succeedWhenEntityPresent(entityTypeIdentifier: string, location: Location, isPresent: boolean)
- Added GameTestExtension function assertBlockProperty(propertyName: string, value: number | string | boolean, blockLocation: BlockLocation)
- The '/particle' command position argument is now optional (MCPE-128379)
- The '/particle' command will now output on success (MCPE-80348)
- The '/particle' command no longer shows an error when run successfully through '/execute' (MCPE-129001)
- Data-driven blocks can now be added to the Creative menu
- 'min_engine_version' from Resource Pack and Behavior Pack manifests is now passed into Molang expression parsing. This allows for future breaking changes tied to a specific engine version
- UI bind objects can now utilize the ignore field
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.