Is Counter Strike 2 on Console?
Posted on by justin
Counter Strike 2 has finally arrived! Fans of this first-person team-based shooter have been eagerly awaiting its release since the game’s update announcement. With such a massive playerbase coming to Counter Strike 2, many players are wondering, however, is Counter Strike 2 on console?
Is CS2 on Console?At the time of writing, Valve hasn't announced a Counter Strike 2 console release. So, only PC users can play the game for now, not PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo players. Additionally, since no announcement exists about a console release, it’s fairly safe to assume that Valve has no plans of releasing CS2 2 on gaming systems other than PC anytime soon, consistent with (most) of the history of the series. But does that mean there’s no hope for a Counter Strike 2 console release? Although the chances are slim, it’s not impossible. In particular, CS:GO was released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms. However, unlike the PC variant, these versions didn’t receive regular updates. Also, some of Valve’s most popular titles have never received the console treatment. Some notable games worth mentioning in that regard are Artifact, Dota 2, and Half-Life: Alyx. Still, some hope might be present for Valve to release CS2 on console. Note that the developer did release many titles for consoles, including the following:
- Half-Life: Released for the PlayStation 2 in 2001
- Half-Life 2: Released for Xbox in 2005, and Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2007
- Portal: Released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2006 and Nintendo Switch in 2022
- Portal 2: Released for the Nintendo Switch in 2022
- Team Fortress 2: Released for the PlayStation 3 in 2007
- The Orange Box: Released for the PlayStation 3 in 2007
Start your Game server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?1 Response