Ark Survival Evolved
ARK: Survival Evolved Triceratops Guide: How to Tame, Locations, Diet, & More
Posted on by justin
ARK players who know their way around the dinosaur world should know about the massive tri-horned creature, the Triceratops. This dinosaur is in the game, bringing various benefits to any brave player willing to tame it. So, keep reading as we guide you through this breakdown of the ARK: Survival Evolved Triceratops.
Introducing the Triceratops in ARK: Survival EvolvedAlthough docile until provoked, the Triceratops in ARK: Survival Evolved is a fierce creature you shouldn’t mess with unprepared. Once threatened, this dinosaur will chase down its attackers with its ramming ability. But when domesticated, the Triceratops can fulfill various roles. For instance, players can use this dinosaur as a mount, gatherer, protector, or travel companion.
Base Stats and Growth
- Health: 375 base value. +70 per level increase for wild units.
- Stamina: 150 base value. +15 per level increase for wild units.
- Oxygen: 150 base value. +15 per level increase for wild units.
- Food: 3,000 base value. +300 per level increase for wild units.
- Weight: 365 base value. +7.3 per level increase for wild units.
- Melee Damage: No base value. +1.6 per level increase for wild units.
- Movement Speed: 100% base value.
- Torpidity: 250 base value. +15 per level increase for wild units.
Fighting the TriceratopsBe wary of Triceratops’ horns as these can cause massive damage when they hit you. Prepare to dodge the creature when it charges. Note that it’s not challenging to evade the attack, but one wrong move can deplete your health fast. If you’re using a melee weapon, stay by its sides instead of meeting its horns. Turn with the Triceratops as it tries to face you. On the other hand, you can damage and hunt Triceratops from afar with a ranged weapon. This combat choice can be ideal if you’re not confident with your melee skills. Tip: Hide behind a tree and let a Triceratops charge at you. The dinosaur will likely become stuck, opening opportunities for you to deal damage to it.
Taming the TriceratopsUse the Triceratops’ relatively slow movement speed to knock it down and tame it. Aim and shoot Tranquilizer Arrows on its head to increase its torpor. Once it’s down, feed this dinosaur its preferred food choices to domesticate it. It’s possible to complete the taming process sooner than later if you feed the Triceratops is its favorite food options, which are the following:
- Preferred Kibble: Simple Kibble
- Preferred Food: Mejoberry and Fresh Barley
- Fresh Wheat
- Dried Wheat
UtilityAny tamed Triceratops will receive a rivalry buff when in the presence of a large predator. Other friendly Triceratops in the area will share this damage and health boost. Note that the rivalry buff will only trigger when certain dinosaurs are in the area, which are the following:
- Rock Elemental
- Tanky Transport: The Triceratops’ large health pool and carrying capacity make it an excellent local transport.
- Berry Gatherer: This dinosaur only comes second to the Brontosaurus, Stegosaurus, Mammoth, and Therizinosaur when looking at their efficiency in gathering berries.
- Bullet Sponge: Ranged damage to a Triceratops reduces significantly, making it an excellent choice against human enemy camps with turrets.
Start your Ark Survival Evolved server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses