Terraria Goblin Army Event Guide: How to Start, All Enemies, & Loot Table
Posted on by justin
The Goblin Army event in Terraria can catch players off-guard with a horde of tiny green foes to face. But you can beat the surprise by being prepared. Here's how to start the Goblin Event in Terraria, all of its enemies, and the loot you can earn by withstanding the assault.
Terraria Goblin Army Event: An OverviewAlso called the Goblin Invasion, the Goblin Army is a pre-Hardmode event wherein hordes of Goblin-type enemies storm the surface of a Terraria world. The Goblins attack in waves, but the event doesn’t have a point system like Frost Moon or Pumpkin Moon. Instead, players must defeat 80 Goblins to complete the invasion. Note that the number of Goblins scales with the number of players in the same world. In particular, the invasion adds 40 Goblins per player with a maximum health of 200 or more on the same map.
How to Start the Goblin Army Event in TerrariaThe Goblin Army event in Terraria normally occurs randomly. But players must fulfill certain criteria before the first instance of this invasion can occur. The requirements are as follows:
- Destroy at least one Crimson Heart or Shadow Orb
- One player must have at least 200 maximum health
Enemies and LootUnique Goblin-type enemies appear during this event. The opponents you’ll encounter in this invasion are as follows:
- Goblin Peon
- Goblin Sorcerer
- Goblin Thief
- Goblin Warrior
- Goblin Archer
- Goblin Summoner (introduced in version 1.3 and Hardmode only)
Tips and Tricks to Complete the Goblin Army Event in TerrariaStrength in numbers is the name of the game when dealing with the Goblin Army in Terraria. Although the Goblins aren’t difficult to defeat, the number of enemies spawning during the invasion can overwhelm beginners. So, here are some tips and tricks you can follow to ensure you survive and complete this event:
- Build a sky base and battle arena. That way, the Goblins can’t harm the NPCs on the surface layer.
- If a sky base isn’t available, build a lava pit instead. But the lava should be fairly shallow so it doesn’t burn dropped items.
- Use Wings to avoid becoming cornered. Flying above Goblins can be useful in evading their attacks.
- Place the banners you acquire as soon as you get them. These items can give you an edge in dealing more damage to Goblins during the Terraria Goblin Army event.
Start your Terraria server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?1 Response