Nightingale Release Date: Delays, Early Access, & Latest News
Posted on by justin
(Estimated Read Time: 5 minutes)Many players are excited to enter the Fae Realms of Nightingale, and it seems the Portals will open soon enough! The officially Nightingale release date has been announced after a string of delays pushed it back a number of years. With that, let's cover the new Nightingale release date for its early access period, the previous history of delays along the way, and what you can expect from this upcoming survival title.
Nightingale Release Date & History of DelaysDeveloper Inflexion Games officially confirmed the Nightingale release date will be February 22, 2024 at Gamescom 2023. However, this open-world survival crafting title was first set to launch for the PC as an Early Access release in 2022. It was then decided to move the game’s release to a later date. The reason for this delay was that Inflexion Games chose to upgrade the title’s engine from Unreal Engine 4 to Unreal Engine 5 despite the game being in the middle of development. Note: According to a February 7 announcement, Nightingale's Early Access release date will now be on February 20, 2024. The next announced launch date as an Early Access release title would be sometime in the first half of 2023. The development team announced this delay through the game’s official blog and didn’t disclose significant details regarding the decision, though CEO of Inflexion Games, Aaryn Flynn, said in a video that the reason for moving the game’s launch date was the team needed to ensure progress without compromising each member’s health. At this point, the launch date for Nightingale was supposed to be in the Fall of 2023. After another delay from Fall 2023 to 2024, it seems we're finally set in stone to visit the fae realms of Nightingale in its early access release. Flynn said the following in a press release about Nightingale’s release date: "After years of dedicated work from the team, we are thrilled to announce that Nightingale will enter Early Access on February 22nd, 2024. That date is a few months later than we previously announced. But as a studio, we're committed to quality, and we take player satisfaction very seriously. We want to ensure that the game delivers on the expectations of our community, who have played a vital role in the development to date. We strive to ensure that Nightingale not only fulfills our vision but also becomes a cherished place for our players to explore and discover with their friends for many years to come.” At the time of writing, Nightingale will be released on the PC on the aforementioned date. Its console version could potentially follow soon, but players must sit tight and wait for an official announcement from the developers first. Watch Nightingale’s official release date trailer here.
What to Expect from NightingaleNightingale is a magical open-world survival game that tasks players with travelling between the many Fae Realms in search of a bastion of hope, the city of Nightingale. Only Realm Walkers can accomplish such a feat, and players set out on their journies to master this power. Some of the highlights of the game's features and gameplay include the following:
- Magical Crafting: Collect resources and craft different items, some requiring schematics to unlock. Players can also enhance equipment with magical properties.
- Building: Construct a small campsite or develop a village with your friends. Expand your base while unlocking additional building options through progression.
- Vast Exploration: Explore different biomes or enter unknown Portals. Find the beauty and danger in each location and reap the rewards from within.
- Intense Combat: Use spells, firearms, and melee weapons at will to defeat twisted beasts and eldritch horrors waiting for you to set foot into their realms.
- Single and Multiplayer Options: Do you want to conquer the lands of Fae by yourself? Perhaps your online friends can help you defeat powerful enemies.
Nightingale PC Spec RequirementsPC players must meet the minimum system requirements to play Nightingale on its launch date, which is the currently set to the following (according to the game’s Steam page):
- OS: Windows 10 64-Bit
- Processor: 3.0 GHz Quad Core
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD RX580 (or greater)
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Additional Notes: SSD required
Start your Nightingale server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?1 Response