The world of Minecraft is constantly moving forward, and there’s been plenty of action this week.
With this in mind, let’s break down all the things you may have missed.
Snapshot Update 21w20a Arrives
Minecraft Snapshot Updates bring developing changes to the game for players to try out in their saves.
The latest Minecraft Snapshot Update, 21w20a, brings some new changes coming officially in the Caves and Cliffs updates to come.
DON’T MISS IT: Minecraft Snapshot 21w17a Patch Notes
Read over the highlights of the latest Minecraft Snapshot below:
- Actually made Geodes rarer this time
- GUI narration now includes position and usage of hovered or focused element
- Tilling Rooted Dirt with a Hoe will now convert it into Dirt, and pop out a Hanging Roots item
- Axolotls will now only play dead when in water
- Llamas no longer spit at players in peaceful mode
Along with these changes, Minecraft 21w20a also brings a ton of bug fixes, which you can read over in full here.
Minecraft Dungeons Anniversary Event
Minecraft Dungeons shook up all of gaming on launch, and is still going strong with plenty of new content each month.
To celebrate Minecraft Dungeons reaching its first anniversary since release, Mojang are offering a massive Anniversary Event with new trials and challenges with awesome rewards!
The Minecraft Dungeons Anniversary Event will run from May 26th to June 8th, and players can take on these trials whenever they want.
DON’T MISS IT: What’s Next for Minecraft Dungeons?
Minecraft Beta Takes On More Caves and Cliffs Features in Update 18.104.22.168
If you want to go further in trying upcoming Caves and Cliffs features in Minecraft – the Minecraft Beta is the perfect place for you!
Thanks to a new Minecraft Beta update – patch 22.214.171.124, some great new features and bug fixes are now live for testing on the Caves and Cliffs Experimental patch.
DON’T MISS IT: Minecraft Devs Answer Questions on Future Changes
The highlights of the patch includes:
- Aquifers with lava are now placed underground during world generation
- Axolotl no longer attacks invisible mobs
- Axolotl textures have been updated
- Amethyst Geodes were made slightly rarer
- Naturally spawned Glow Squid now despawn
- Amethyst Buds and cluster breaking animation no longer float in the air
Read over the full Minecraft Beta Update 126.96.36.199 patch notes here.