Minecraft Weekly Wrap Up - March 12th
Another week in Minecraft means tons of exciting news and community creations as we get closer to Minecraft 1.19, The Wild Update.
With that, let’s dive into all the latest news around the Minecraft world this week.
Mojang Reveals New PVP Maps Available Now on Java Realms
There are many variations of PVP in Minecraft, spanning direct combat to a range of minigames and theme maps giving players the chance to compete with one another.
This week, Mojang revealed some new Minecraft maps coming to Java Realms dedicated to competing with other players, evolving this type of gameplay with some new variations.
These maps include the following:
- Gladiator Games - This map shakes up PVP combat with custom weapons and a well-designed, polished arena to clash in. This map is designed for a Battle Royale format, meaning it's great for bigger groups of players as well!
- Tactical Gaggle - This map brings a FPS arena-shooter style to Minecraft, where players can take on several different game modes like Capture the Flag and Infection along with traditional Deathmatches.
- Maze Mania - This map pushes players into a maze filled with enemy combatants from a range of pre-built custom classes. To escape, you’ll need to best your foes along the way!
DON'T MISS IT: The Best Vanilla Minecraft Structures
Realms Plus Gets New March additions
While the maps above are some great ways to spend a day in Minecraft, players with Realms Plus also have some other great options for March.
From single-player story/adventure maps to technical in-game innovations and awesome skin sets, Realms Plus has some great new arrivals you won’t want to miss as a subscriber.
These additions include the following:
- Vampire Raid - This map offers a spooky single-player adventure experience for players willing to brave escaping a dangerous castle, Bloodstone Keep, which is filled with foes and puzzles.
- DINOSAURS - You guessed it - this map is packed to the brim with 30 different kinds of Dinosaurs players can find in the wild and you can even tame and breed them. These dinosaurs make for a dangerous adventure, but on the back of a Tyrannosaurus Rex (yes you can ride them), nothing is too fearsome!
- Animatronics - This skin pack follows in the footsteps of Five Nights at Freddy, bringing the scary animatronics right into your Minecraft world. Across 13 different skins, this is a great pack for fans of the game series and for anyone looking to shock friends or foes in multiplayer worlds.
DON'T MISS IT: Minecraft 1.18 Mining Guide: Ore Density, Cave Types & more
Minecraft Championship 20 Teams Revealed
Minecraft Championship is a fantastic tournament series that brings together some of the biggest and best content creators and Minecraft players from all corners to clash for big prizes each week.
This month’s clash, MCC 20, finally has ten fully revealed teams of competitors, so let’s dive right into the lineups!
- Jack Manifold
DON'T MISS IT: Minecraft vs Terraria
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.