Minecraft Weekly Wrap Up - July 20th
Before we get there, though, there’s plenty of action to keep up with. With that, here’s all of the biggest news around Minecraft this week.
Mojang announces it won’t support Minecraft NFTs
NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) have become a controversial and divisive digital product sweeping across communities of all kinds. As a result, Mojang has decided to come forward with a stance on Minecraft NFTs moving forward.
In a staff post written on July 20th, Mojang firmly confirmed that “...integrations of NFTs with Minecraft are generally not something we will support or allow.”
Mojang went on to clarify that this means blockchain technologies will not be permitted inside the Minecraft client and server applications. Further, Mojang will not permit any integration with in-game content like worlds/servers, skins, items, mods, and beyond.
One note Mojang struck throughout the post is that NFTs are based on the idea of scarcity and exclusion, and that this does not align with the company’s values.
With that, it’s clear that Mojang will be hard on any integration of NFTs and other blockchain technologies in Minecraft, keeping users safe from what could quickly become a negative environment for all.
DON'T MISS IT: How to Disable Minecraft Chat Reports in 1.19.1
Minecraft 1.19.1 Pre Release 6 goes live
Minecraft 1.19.1 is gearing up to hone the massive Wild Update further with some new improvements across the board. That process includes several pre-release builds as Mojang continues to test new changes.
With that, Minecraft 1.19.1 Pre Release 6 has arrived, and brings some changes, both technical and in-game changes, as well as plenty of bug fixes.
Check out the Minecraft 1.19.1 Pre Release 6 patch notes below:
- Sculk Catalysts will now drop 5 XP instead of 20 XP
- Colors of the signing indicators for sending a message have been adjusted for improved accessibility
- The run_command click event for text components no longer supports any commands that send chat messages
- /tellraw should be used instead
- MC-148149 Linux game crash when opening links
- MC-207077 Crash on loading pre-1.13 world with noteblock + note NBT in inventory
- MC-235614 Reference to unexisting predicate in a datapack causes java.lang.NullPointerException
- MC-252190 Player-dropped items creating vibrations depends on you sneaking at the moment the item hits the ground, instead of when you threw the item
- MC-252258 Wool block / carpet items generate vibrations, unless thrown by crouching players
- MC-252265 --server argument causes java.lang.NullPointerException crash on some servers
- MC-253402 Game crash when you shift right click on item in your hotbar to the chest at the same time as you die
- MC-254255 Unable to text in chat with Chat Preview On send while sleeping
- MC-254261 "The background opacity box of the chat preview field renders behind the ""Leave Bed"" button when sleeping in beds"
- MC-254284 Sending chat packets with invalid message type id crashes the game
- MC-254349 Crash when putting dye into a loom on a modded server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.