The Minecraft world is on fire with some new updates and DLC, all leading up to Caves and Cliffs!
But before we get to the promised Minecraft 1.17 Update, here’s what’s been happening this week.
New Minecraft Snapshot Makes Big Changes
The newest Minecraft snapshot, 21W08B, brings a ton of major changes. This includes texture improvements, cave generation adjustments, resource spawn location adjustment, and plenty more!
Read over the full changelog below:
- Tweaked cave sizes further
- Canyon and cave carvers now apply below y=0
- Cracks can now be found carved into the ground
- Grimstone has been changed into Deepslate
- Added Deepslate ores
- The distribution of ores has been further tweaked
- Andesite no longer generates under y=0
- Tuff now sometimes generates under y=0
- The Tuff layer of amethyst geodes has been replaced with now a new type of stone called Smooth Basalt
- Smooth Basalt is now obtained from smelting Basalt
- Another round of tweaking has been done to the new textures of ores and Blackstone
- Emerald and Lapis Lazuli ore textures have had some touch-ups
- Mineshafts now once again generate in the open air in caves
- Particles now appear in the air around spore blossoms
- Slime Blocks and Honey Blocks have been moved to the Redstone tab of the creative inventory
Minecraft Dungeons: Flames of the Nether DLC Arrives
The world of Minecraft Dungeons has expanded rapidly with new DLC after new DLC pack – and the latest has just arrived!
This new DLC is Flames of the Nether – and it includes a ton of new features, including new areas, mobs, gear, and more.
DON’T MISS IT: Top 5 Reasons to Play Valheim
If you’re looking to conquer the dangerous lands of the Nether, look no further.
Minecraft 1.6 Speedrun Record Broken by Ilumina
The Minecraft speedrunning community is a massive one, with players battling it out in all different kinds of challenges.
A new Minecraft 1.6 world record was broken this week by speedrunner Ilumina – who managed to finish his run with a 13 minute, 57 second time!
DON’T MISS IT: How to Farm in Valheim
With the high level of competition, this world record might not last very long, but it’s a significant milestone as players continue to work on 1.6.