Terraria Martian Madness Event Guide: How to Start, All Enemies, & Loot
Posted on by justin
The Martians are attacking! At least in Terraria. In particular, players can trigger the Martian Madness in Terraria to acquire exclusive loot by taking on intergalactic foes. Here we'll cover how to trigger this event, the enemies you'll face, and some tips and tricks for this invasion.
Terraria Martian Madness Event: An OverviewIntroduced in version 126.96.36.199, Terraria’s Martian Madness event is a Hardmode invasion featuring otherworldly-themed enemies and items. The event isn’t as challenging as other events, such as the Old One’s Army invasion, but that doesn't mean it's not worth being prepared.
How to Start the Martian Madness EventTriggering the Martian Madness event in Terraria first requires the world to be in Hardmode, and that Golem has been defeated. Next, players must find a Martian Probe in the Space layer. However, it’s important that you shouldn’t defeat this particular enemy. Instead, wait for it to “scan” you and let it fly away. Once it leaves the screen, the words “Martians are invading!” will appear in the bottom-left corner of the screen and the event-exclusive enemies will start appearing. Tip: Make the Martian Probe spawn faster by using a Battle Potion or placing a Water Candle in the Space layer.
Enemies and LootActivating the Martian Madness event doesn’t require players to go through multiple waves of enemies, unlike events like Frost Moon. Instead, a progress bar appears at the bottom-right corner of the screen. When this gauge reaches 100%, the event ends and the Martians stop spawning. Here’s a list of the enemies, along with their unique loot, you can encounter during this event:
- Martian Walker: Laser Drill, Charged Blaster Cannon, and Anti-Gravity Hook
- Martian Drone: Martian Conduit Plating
- Tesla Turret: Martian Conduit Plating, Laser Drill, Charged Blaster Cannon, and Anti-Gravity Hook
- Martian Engineer: Martian Uniform Helmet, Martian Uniform Torso, and Martian Uniform Pants
- Martian Officer: Martian Uniform Helmet, Martian Uniform Torso, and Martian Uniform Pants
- Ray Gunner: Martian Costume Mask, Martian Costume Shirt, and Martian Costume Pants
- Gray Grunt: Martian Costume Mask, Martian Costume Shirt, and Martian Costume Pants
- Brain Scrambler: Martian Costume Mask, Martian Costume Shirt, and Martian Costume Pants
- Gigazapper: Martian Uniform Helmet, Martian Uniform Torso, and Martian Uniform Pants
- Scutlix: Martian Conduit Plating, Laser Drill, Charged Blaster Cannon, and Anti-Gravity Hook
- Scutlix Gunner: Brain Scrambler
- Martian Saucer: Laser Machinegun, Xenopopper, Xeno Staff, Cosmic Car Key, Electrosphere Launcher, Influx Waver, Martian Saucer Trophy, Laser Drill, Charged Blaster Cannon, and Anti-Gravity Hook
Tips and TricksFighting the Martians at the Space layer can be challenging and may lead to an early death. So, here are some tips and tricks to help you complete this event without digging an early in-game grave.
- Place adequate lighting around the battleground, such as Campfires and Heart Lanterns. These items will illuminate the area and increase your character’s natural health regeneration.
- Shield yourself from all enemy attacks by hiding inside a walled structure since all Martian Madness event enemies can’t pierce surfaces.
- Use weapons and/or summon minions that go through surfaces to attack enemies while within a walled structure. That way, you can stay safe while dealing sufficient damage.
Start your Terraria server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses