Ark Survival Evolved
ARK: Survival Evolved Velonasaur Species Guide: How to Tame, Locations, & More
Posted on by justin
Territorial dinosaurs in ARK: Survival Evolved aren’t the most rare. However, some of these creatures are still an ominous threat while they’re in their areas, like the Velonasaur. Here we'll cover everything you need to know about the Velonasaur in ARK: Survival Evolved, including its base stats, how to tame it, where to find it, and more.
What is the Velonasaur in ARK: Survival Evolved?The Velonasaur in ARK: Survival Evolved is unique to Extinction. In particular, you can find it in the southeastern part of this ARK. It’s a territorial dinosaur with a meat-focused diet, particularly for herbivores that might wander in its area. You’ll know when it becomes aggressive when it unfolds its frills. Then, it’ll likely shoot spines, hurting its enemies from afar. However, this dinosaur’s ranged attack can also be a great blessing when domesticated. Take a look at the Velonasaur in ARK: Survival Evolved by watching its spotlight here.
Velonasaur Base Stats and Growth
- Health: 440 base value. +88 per level increase for wild units.
- Stamina: 325 base value. +32.5 per level increase for wild units.
- Oxygen: 225 base value. +22.5 per level increase for wild units.
- Food: 2,250 base value. +225 per level increase for wild units.
- Weight: 325 base value. +6.5 per level increase for wild units.
- Melee Damage: No base value. +1.6 per level increase for wild units.
- Movement Speed: 100% base value.
- Torpidity: 400 base value. +24 per level increase for wild units.
Fighting the VelonasaurApart from shooting spines, the Velonasaur also has melee attacks. Its well-roundedness makes this dinosaur a versatile creature. If you prefer a melee weapon, such as a Sword, consider using a shield to get as close to a Velonasaur as possible. Some examples include the Metal, Riot, and Wooden Shields. Then, hit it with your melee weapon when you’re within striking range. Another option is to use a long-range weapon, such as the Crossbow or Longneck Rifle. These firearms’ range should be reasonably far, preventing the Velonasaur from shooting its spines at you.
Taming the VelonasaurKnock out a Velonasaur in ARK: Survival Evolved to tame it. It can be tough to domesticate this dinosaur by yourself since you’ll have your hands full with evading, blocking, and attacking. Instead, consider bringing at least two more survivors to aggro the Velonasaur. Then, shoot tranquilizer darts until it knocks out. If you’re a solo player, you can also use other creatures to aggro the Velonasaur. Tanky creatures, like high-level Triceratops, can be great for this purpose. Once it’s KO-ed, start the taming process by feeding this dinosaur its favorite food options, which are the following:
- Preferred Kibble: Regular Kibble
- Preferred Food: Raw Mutton
- Cooked Fish Meat
- Cooked Lamb Chop
- Cooked Meat
- Cooked Prime Fish Meat
- Cooked Prime Meat
- Raw Fish Meat
- Raw Meat
- Raw Prime Fish Meat
- Raw Prime Meat
Velonasaur UtilityYou can use the Velonsaur’s fairly aggressive nature to your advantage by assigning it specific responsibilities. Some roles this dinosaur can handle are the following:
- War Mount: The Velonosaur’s versatility in a fight can help you win battles in PvE and PvP scenarios
- Mobile Turret: The Velonosaur has a turret mode, allowing it to protect a base from afar against threats
- Defense Shredder: Use the Velonosaur’s spines against armored creatures since these attacks ignore body part multipliers
- DPS Enhancer: With the Velonosaur’s fairly high DPS, it can help reduce enemy HP quickly, including some bosses in ARK
Start your Ark Survival Evolved server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses