Ark Survival Evolved
ARK: Survival Evolved Mesopithecus Species Guide: Stats, How to Tame, & More
Posted on by justin
Being an ARK survivor typically means you must defend yourself against titans like, well, the Titanosaur. But it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life in the enclosed spaces of ARK: Survival Evolved too. One way to be at peace amidst the danger is to tame a docile creature like the Mesopithecus. So, continue reading as we help you tame (or fight) the Mesopithecus in ARK: Survival Evolved.
What is the Mesopithecus in ARK: Survival Evolved?The Mesopithecus in ARK: Survival Evolved is a small mammal with a fearful temperament. It’s a docile creature with next-to-zero offensive capabilities. This creature’s appearance is similar to the modern Squirrel Monkey. However, the Mesopithecus has more ape-life facial features than its modern cousin. It’s also a reasonably common ARK creature with spawning locations at The Island, The Center, Ragnarok, Valguero, Crystal Isles, Lost Island, and Genesis Parts 1 and 2. You can also find it in Extinction, albeit it’s rarer at that ARK than in other maps. You can also take a look at the Mesopithecus in ARK: Survival Evolved by watching this trailer.
Base Stats and Growth
- Health: 115 base value. +23 per level increase for wild units.
- Stamina: 100 base value. +10 per level increase for wild units.
- Oxygen: 150 base value. +15 per level increase for wild units.
- Food: 450 base value. +45 per level increase for wild units.
- Weight: 70 base value. +70 per level increase for wild units.
- Melee Damage: No base value. +.6 per level increase for wild units.
- Movement Speed: 100% base value.
- Torpidity: 60 base value. +3.6 per level increase for wild units.
Fighting the MesopithecusSince the Mesopithecus in ARK: Survival Evolved isn’t an offensive creature, it’ll typically run away as soon as you get close to it. Use ranged weapons, such as a Bow or Crossbow, if you want to kill one.
Taming the MesopithecusDomesticating the Mesopithecus requires non-violent taming methods. In particular, you must put its preferred food item in the farthest-right slot of your hotbar. Then, crouch as you approach your target slowly. Interact with this creature once the prompt to feed appears. Don’t get closer than necessary, or the Mesopithecus will run away. Continue to feed the creature until the taming completes. Also, ensure that you’re feeding a Mesopithecus its preferred food options, which are the following:
- Preferred Kibble: Basic Kibble
- Preferred Food: Mejoberry
- Dried Wheat
- Fresh Barley
- Fresh Wheat
Mesopithecus UtilityDespite the Mesopithecus not having combat capabilities, it can still fulfill various roles. Here are some responsibilities this creature can handle once tamed:
- Pet: The Mesopithecus can rest on a survivor’s shoulder, so you won’t feel alone
- Feces Flinger: While the Mesopithecus is resting on a survivor’s shoulder, it can throw feces at enemies, slowing them
- Fertilizer Generator: A Mesopithecus can produce Human Feces, which you can use as fertilizer for your in-game farm.
Start your Ark Survival Evolved server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses