Valheim Update 0.217.38 Patch Notes: Seasonal Items, Settings Overhaul, Bug Fixes, & more
Posted on by justin
Yule has arrived in Valheim with Patch 0.217.38. This update brings various fixes and improvements, along with an overhaul to the availability of seasonal items. So, without further ado, here’s what you need to know about this Valheim update.
What’s in the Valheim Patch 0.217.38?The Valheim Patch 0.217.38 mostly brings in-game enhancements and various bug fixes. For example, this update fixes an issue wherein inventory item counters weren’t sharp. Some boss fights should now also have fewer glitches than before. Additionally, this version overhauls the availability of seasonal items, especially for Christmas items. As of this patch and moving forward, seasonal items, such as the Yule Tree, Yule Wreath, and Yule Garland, will now only be available on specific dates. Note: It’s still possible to spawn seasonal items using console commands outside of the event’s period. Also, some Xbox Valheim players should be happy to know that keyboard and mouse support has now arrived in the game’s console version.
Valheim Patch 0.217.38 Full Patch Notes – December 13, 2023Below are the full patch notes for Valheim Patch 0.217.38.
Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed blurry item counters in the inventory
- Fixed an issue where the player profile link in Player List would open multiple times
- Fixed problem where text "None" was hardcoded in the build HUD to instead use localized string
- Enabled auto-size on BuildHUD amount text objects as they need to be sized down for some translations to fit
- Alleviated issue with music stuttering when playing with low FPS
- Added automatic toggling of seasonal items
- Fixed an issue where the skill value UI text wouldn't update properly for bonus levels
- Added proper support for IME input
- Added NumPad support for the Hotbar
- Fixed a bug where key hints wouldn't display correctly on non-QWERTY keyboard layouts
- Implemented a system to detect low local disk space when saving
- Fixed an issue where admins couldn’t kick players via the player list UI on dedicated servers
- Tweaked boss-spawning to prevent bosses from getting stuck
- Fixed an issue where signs would be flashing with anti-aliasing on
- Fixed a bug that could cause boats to take damage due to low FPS
- Fixed bug where D-pad input was unresponsive in menus on Steam Deck
- Localization updated
Settings Menu Revamp
- Split the "Controls" tab into two: "Controller" and "Keyboard & Mouse"
- New tabs "Gameplay" and "Accessibility" for PC and Linux versions with according settings
- Some settings can be found on multiple tabs, so they can be found more easily
- Reordered some settings into other tabs
- Tooltips for some settings to clarify their functionality
- Predefined graphic modes for PC and Linux: "Performance," "Quality," "Balanced," and "Very low"
- Added a "Keyboard & Mouse" tab for Xbox
- More graphic customization for Xbox versions
- Separate settings to invert the camera for the controller and mouse
- Fixed overlapping of controller button labels
- Added Keyboard/Mouse support for Xbox
Start your Valheim server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses