Ark Survival Evolved
ARK: Survival Evolved Phiomia Guide: How to Tame, Locations, Stats, & more
Posted on by justin
Wandering around ARK’s various maps will undoubtedly lead to you encountering packs of Phiomia. This docile, elephant-like creature may not pose much of a threat. Nonetheless, the Phiomia in ARK: Survival Evolved can still help new survivors by covering a few important roles.
What is the Phiomia in ARK: Survival Evolved?The Phiomia in ARK: Survival Evolved is a docile herd creature with minimal characteristics for self-defense, if any. Predators can easily take on a pack of Phiomia since these creatures’ initial instinct at the first sign of trouble is to flee.
Phiomia Base Stats and Growth
- Health: 300 base value. +60 per level increase for wild units.
- Stamina: 300 base value. +35 per level increase for wild units.
- Oxygen: 150 base value. +15 per level increase for wild units.
- Food: 3,000 base value. +300 per level increase for wild units.
- Weight: 200 base value. +4 per level increase for wild units.
- Melee Damage: No base value. +0.5 per level increase for wild units.
- Movement Speed: 100% base value.
- Torpidity: 240 base value. +14.4 per level increase for wild units.
Fighting the PhiomiaThe Phiomia in ARK: Survival Evolved has no combat capabilities. Hitting one will make it run away, making it more challenging to kill or tame because of its decently fast movement speed. If you want to kill a Phiomia, it’s ideal to hit it with a weapon with a fast-attack speed, such as a sword, pike, or spear. It's also good to prepare a long-range weapon if it manages to run away.
How to Tame the PhiomiaDomesticating the Phiomia doesn’t typically require unique taming procedures, unlike other creatures, like the Rhyniognatha. Use the Phiomia’s docile nature to your advantage when taming it. In particular, attacking it will make it run away, but it’s susceptible to running into objects. So, you can build a trap nearby and lead the creature to that place. Begin the knockout and taming procedure when it can’t escape its prison. Also, note this creature’s favorite food to complete the taming process sooner than later:
- Preferred Kibble: Basic Kibble
- Preferred Food: Crops
- Fresh Barley
- Fresh Wheat
- Dried Wheat
Phiomia Utility & JobsDomesticating a Phiomia can provide a new player with additional support for certain roles. Here are some roles you can assign to this creature if you decide to tame one:
- Early-Game Transport: Leveling up the Phiomia’s speed can make it decently quick on land and sea
- Cargo Carrier: New players can use the Phiomia’s decent maximum weight to transport goods
- Fertilizer Producer: One Phiomia can produce more Medium Animal Feces than other tamed creatures
Start your Ark Survival Evolved server
Looking to create your own gaming server? It only takes a few minutes.
What do you think?0 Responses