Server world crashes my Minecraft client

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Suggestions' started by Jim, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Jim

Jim New Member

I have a world I created on my desktop computer that I want to move to my server...it's a map of a shopping center: Starbucks, McDonalds, Robek's, etc..

I can FTP the world data to my server with no problem. I can move around in most of the world (the Starbucks, the Robek's, etc.) with no problem....except in one little area (over by the McDonalds and the Capital One bank). Every time I point my client to look in that direction, the client crashes. It doesn't matter which client I use: my Android tablet, my iPhone, my iPad. They all crash when I look in that direction.

I've tried a number of fixes: dropping the desktop version of the map down to lower versions of Minecraft, using McEdit to copy my shopping center to a fresh FLAT world, etc. Nothing makes any difference: no matter which version of the map I use, looking in that direction always crashes the client.

Interestingly, if I convert the PC map to a PE map using WorldtoPE, the entire map works just fine on all my devices.

Any suggestions?

2. Jim

Jim New Member

I figured out the problem:
    - My PC world had some black stained-glass panes.
    - I uploaded the PC world to my server, then connected with my client.
    - Apparently, having any stained-glass panes (for some colors) anywhere in the view (even obstructed behind other. objects) causes the client to crash. (So far I've tried white stained-glass panes. That works. Grey and black caused crashes.)

I found another problem too. Blocks that I thought were "gone" because they don't exist in the PE version were actually still "there" from the standpoint of collision-detection with my character, so my client was also crashing every time my character walked through an invisible block (invisible because it doesn't exist in the PE version, but "still there" in spirit apparently).