Possible hacker

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Suggestions' started by Cerveau, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Cerveau

Cerveau New Member

Hello,

I'm just trying to figure out if I have a hacker or not. I'm not very familiar with hosting a server so any help is appreciated. First it looked like he tried to access the /give command

26.12 23:47:51 [Multicraft] Command Give Item not run for lildrummerdrew (10), required level 30

Then he flies and floats a LOT

26.12 23:38:36 [Server] Server thread/WARN lildrummerdrew moved wrongly!
    26.12 23:38:36 [Server] Server thread/WARN lildrummerdrew moved wrongly!
    26.12 23:38:32 [Server] Server thread/WARN lildrummerdrew moved wrongly!
    27.12 00:07:00 [Disconnect] User lildrummerdrew has disconnected, reason: TextComponent{text='Flying is not enabled on this server', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null, insertion=null}}
    27.12 00:07:00 [Server] Server thread/WARN lildrummerdrew was kicked for floating too long!
    27.12 00:07:00 [Server] Server thread/WARN lildrummerdrew was kicked for floating too long!

And when he logs in, the server crashes which I think is because of an overloaded mob farm but I'm still curious.

2. kong009

kong009 Member

First of all, what mods do you have enabled that allow flight? Any or all of them could cause messages in the console about moving wrongly (happens a lot on my server with morph enabled, but jetpacks and powersuits could also cause that).

Secondly, if you're concerned about people getting on to your server without prior approval, why not turn on the whitelist?

Thirdly, if you have a mod called Opis installed, you can run that to see what's causing the server to slow down and/or crash and kill the mob(s) responsible outside of Minecraft.

Honestly though, it doesn't smell of someone trying to hack your server. Seems like normal, mischievous, adolescent activity to me :)

3. Cerveau

Cerveau New Member

Gotcha, thanks :D