Ownership

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Suggestions' started by Waif, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Waif

Waif New Member

My husband opened the account for me to host a server and we can't figure out how to get my to show up as Owner when I log in to the server. Is that a plug in I need?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  2. N8te

N8te New Member

If it's a vanilla server, you just need to have your husband, or yourself, go to the control panel and OP you.

Once you are on the control panel, click Console on the left side, and then in the text area,
    type: op USERNAME
    {Replacing USERNAME with your Minecraft username}

If you are using Spigot/Bukkit and have a permissions plugin installed, it could require some more steps.

Waif likes this.
  3. Waif

Waif New Member

We have Bukkit . We tried like crazy to get his name off the Console but it won't happen unless the server people we rent to removes it. When I type into the console it comes up as <Daddio> Waif Ugggg I am a female and don't want others to view me as a man. We managed to get my name in Red but still can't get me a titles that shows in Red, <Owner> Waif. I'll look again in Bukkit Permissions. If you know anything else to move this along, I sure would appreciate it. :eek:

4. Waif

Waif New Member

My bad, We are using Spigot
    :p

5. Zach S

Zach S BisectHosting Staff

Hey Waif. You will need to use a chat management plugin in order to have an owner tag show up. That is not a default behavior of permissions plugins. You can find plenty of chat managers online that will take the prefix from your group management plugin and show it in your chat.

Waif likes this.
  6. Waif

Waif New Member

Thank you Zach, you're the best!!

7. Zach S

Zach S BisectHosting Staff